We had a delightful New Year celebration.
In mid-December we'd gone to a party where we played Name That Tune 80s. It was actually sort of embarrassing how good Blaine and I were at that game. I'm sure I came off like Hermione, answering every question before my teammates had even understood what was being asked. (They were younger than me, and didn't have the same knowledge of music in the 80s. And I was just having so much fun!!)
So I tried to think of people who would make worthy opponents for us, and I settled on my elder sister Joan and her husband Laron. We were all, collectively, so into music in the 80s. Well, and still, but that's something else altogether. So we packed up the clothes and the kitchen sink and we headed to SLC to my sister's house on New Year's Eve; the kids played like crazy with their cousins, we played Name That Tune, and a good time was had by all.
Except that my car is having transmission problems, and only made it half the distance to SLC. Yes, I'm bracing myself: this is the sort of thing that's probably going to cost $3000 to fix. Sigh. But the car is almost paid off and hasn't given us any trouble in the years we've owned it, and it's likely once we take care of this we'll be good for several more years. *pets Suburban* For the time being I'm driving Blaine's mom's Suburban, which is newer and oh-so-much-nicer. She has satellite radio, which might just be worth the "inconvenience" of not having my own car for a few days. *pets satellite radio*
Today I'm researching, planning, and making a list of my resolutions for this month, a companion list to my resolutions for the year. Last year I set out to do my resolutions on a monthly basis, and I kept up three or four resolutions a month for the first eight months. Very good things came of my efforts. So I'm trying again this year to break goals off into bite-sized chunks, and to focus on weeding out that which does me harm or little good and replace it with things that are dynamically good and improving.
Here goes! :)
----------------
Now playing: Coldplay - Square One
via FoxyTunes
02 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment