14 July 2008

A handful of fives

I just remembered Lillian tagged me to speak in fives. Here goes!

The rules:
  1. Post the rules of the game at the beginning.
  2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
  3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
  4. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer.

In a meme about the number 5, doesn't it seem there should be one more rule?

What were you doing five years ago?

In summer of 2003 we went on a trip to the panhandle of Idaho to visit the family cabins on Priest Lake, after which we took a detour into BC, Canada to visit a friend. I was pregnant with baby #6. My eldest was just nine years old, and I had no built-in babysitters.

What are five things on your to-do list for today?
  1. Exercise. (done)
  2. Get application over to Wasatch Academy. (done)
  3. Check at post office for misdirected package. (done)
  4. Get white sandals for next week's wedding.
  5. Make time-consuming lasagna for dinner.

What are five snacks you enjoy?
  1. Tofu cut into cubes with a drizzle of soy sauce
  2. Smoothie
  3. Apple
  4. Celery and refried bean dip
  5. Almonds

What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?
  1. Landscape my yard, home improvement projects
  2. Buy a new Suburbuan
  3. Travel—show my children my favorite places, get away with Blaine
  4. Let's be honest—plastic surgery to make my chin a single, and vision correction surgery on my eyes
  5. Help other families with lots of kids accomplish little dreams

What are five of your bad habits?
  1. Wasting time on computer doing nothing of importance.
  2. Not starting dinner until after 6:00 p.m.
  3. Jumping to the ceiling when I see spiders. (Hello, I'm bigger! What makes them so scary?)
  4. Procrastinating.
  5. Forgetting to sprinkle the lawn on our day.

Where are five places where you have lived?
  1. My mother's belly
  2. Salt Lake City, Utah
  3. Provo, Utah
  4. Sendai, Japan
  5. Fairview, Utah

What are five jobs you've had?
  1. Selling vacuums door-to-door
  2. Pressing cleaned clothes at a dry cleaner
  3. T.A. for Physics 122 (Electricity and Magnetism) at BYU
  4. Japanese language teacher at MTC
  5. Full-time mom and teacher to seven great homeschooled kids

I don't think I even have five people who read this blog! o_O So if any of you want to pick this up and do it, I'd love to read your answers in your spot.

2 comments:

Lillian said...

Now I know what to get you for your birthday! Yay!

Thanks for sharing. I forget sometimes about that whole physics degree thing you did, back in the day. That is so intimidating. I want to be cool like that.

Alyson said...

Dare I hope you're getting me a billion dollars?