20 August 2008

Life Elevated

I believe (I can't remember?) that's our newish stupid state motto. An equivalent runner up in badness would have been "Life with an Altitude". Either way, it's fitting.

Our house is located within a few feet of 6000 feet above sea level. It keeps our temperatures about ten degrees cooler than Salt Lake City (~4220 feet) and the main Wasatch Mountain valley where 80% of the state's population lives, and it also brings on our autumn earlier.

Just two weeks ago I could go out at 6:30 in the morning for a jog in only a T-shirt and be fine. Now our overnight temps are hitting the high 40s, gasp, and this morning I had to wear a jacket for my jog.

*clings to summer* Don't go! Not yet!

----------------
Now playing: Bananarama - Cruel Summer
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Joe and Amy said...

Brrr! I'm not sure I would be quite ready for those kinds of temps.

We had a few days of low 80's last week. Pure bliss!

Linda said...

Love it! Summer weather is about my least favorite.
'
I'm tagging you...if you've got a minute, just post the same fields I did on my blog...harmless fun, if you've got the time. As if!