29 June 2010

Independent Macklin

It's only a half hour before lunch, but Mack decided he needed a snack. He:
  1. got leftover ramen soup out of the fridge,
  2. took off the lid of the container and turned it upside down (what I do, so the soup won't bubble and splat the inside of the microwave),
  3. got out the step stool,
  4. climbed up and put the container of ramen in the microwave,
  5. called me in to push buttons,
  6. got out a clean bowl and spoon while it was heating (I had gone back out of the room),
  7. took his ramen out of the microwave,
  8. poured it in his bowl,
  9. and is now sitting eating it.
He got his own clean cup and filled it with water, too. This is definitely the 4YO who would be okay if his parents left him alone in the house and went to Las Vegas for the weekend. We won't. But we could.

And he's impertinent to boot! I just told him to give me "one smackeroo on my cheek" and he said, "Okay," puckered up, and then slapped me. Well, it was a slap as gentle as a pat, so it didn't hurt or anything, and just I laughed and hugged the little stinker. :)

2 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Well, you did ask for a smackeroo :)

Laura said...

Awesome! You should keep him!