11 February 2011

Weird dream last night

I still have dreams in which I'm walking into an educational institution and I
-don't know my class schedule
-have a final I haven't studied for or attended any classes for
-can't remember my locker combination
-etc.
I don't have them all the time, but they do crop up now and then.

Just before I woke up, in my dream I was walking into my high school (and I was walking between Matt Bellamy and Chris Wolstenholme holding their hands—I didn't remember that part until I just started writing about it—and NOW I WANT THE DREAM BACK) and I didn't know where my locker was, the combination, or where I should go for class. I recognized a lot of the teachers—my old math teacher from jr. high seems to crop up a lot, as does the actual location where her classroom was—and I stood there for a moment. I remembered my own real school activities and things I did and enjoyed, as well as one can do that sort of thing in a dream. I had some good times. But I mentally processed that now I look like one of the teachers, not one of the students. And I turned around and walked back out again.

Weird.

Does that sound like my unconscious brain trying to process the real world? Fingers crossed I've finally had my last school dream.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Very interesting. I mostly have dreams about being a teacher again and being unable to control the students' behavior. SO frustrating! But I bet the Muse boys helped. :)

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I dunno. I like the part about you holding hands with TWO boys! Go Alyson! Don't worry. I won't tell B :)

The Gardners said...

I have those dreams too. I can never find my class, and I know in the back of my head that it doesn't matter if I go anyway because I don't have a clue what we're doing and I'm all stressed out because I know I'm failing. Sometimes I also have dreams that I am doing some sort of Dance recital and I don't have any idea how the dance goes.

I love when I wake up and realize it was just a dream.

Beth said...

I have those dreams about HS too, where I can't remember my locker combination or where I am going. I had no idea it was such a common dream. Whatever can it mean??
Most often I dream I am being chased or that someone is after me.