11 March 2011

There are no words.

I can't even express what I'm feeling this morning, hearing that the exact areas where I lived and worked in Japan were hit by the massive 8.9 earthquake and subsequent tsunami. I just feel sick—to my stomach, and to my heart. I watched video after video and read every article I could get my hands on. I know those places. I lived there, rode my bike on those streets. I've ridden trains through, I've visited the seaside. I know those people, they are mine. I belong to them.

Disasters like 9/11 and the Haiti and Chile earthquakes spring to mind. Of course my heart ached for those people. But this is something different yet. This is like a part of my heart is gone. I'm nervous and numb and I can't think of anything else.

So much for homeschool today.

1 comment:

Hesses Madhouse said...

I share ALL those feelings with you. Just can't get myself to stop searching and just go to bed. It's constantly on my mind.

I just read that 64 or Sendai's 72 missionaries are accounted for. The video is very unsettling. I so hope they hear from them soon and that they're okay.

Hoping my stomach and brain settle down soon, so I can get some sleep. Hope you can do the same, my friend.