20 May 2011

This week's DIY

I had this idea a few weeks ago, and have been putting it together this week. I didn't do a detailed step-by-step because, heavens, it's simple enough. I bought some corkboard squares and a cheap-o frame at Walmart. I glued the corkboard to the cardboard frame insert, spray painted the frame itself glossy brown. I also spray painted the upholstry tacks. I bought a fabric I liked that coordinates with my bedroom (though this hangs in my closet), and some ribbon that coordinates with that. I bought a few cute-as-pie push pins, just for style. This morning, I assembled.

The ribbons across the top hold my dangly earrings. Also, detail of those cute push pins.
The long dangling ribbon to the side is theoretically for earrings that don't dangle and have backs.
But I may take those out, it makes the ribbon hang funny so I'm not loving it as much as I thought I would.

So glad not to have all this stuff piled in a drawer anymore! I was getting tired of the chains tangling.

________________________________
Listening to: Caesars—Jerk It Out

2 comments:

Spring said...

What a cute idea! I want to run out and buy some jewelry so I will have a need for one of these. :)

Laura said...

So WAY cute! Well done! Don't hide that thing in your closet. :)