01 October 2007

Some days are like this










3:00 amMacklin toddled upstairs and climbed into bed with me. Thankfully, he went right back to sleep.
5:00 amAlarm went off. I could not imagine what that recurring, irritating noise might be. Blaine asked, "Are we getting up?" Through a barely sore throat (my nose started to run sometime in the night, and when I got up to blow and wipe it I realized my throat was sore, too) I said, "Sure."
5:15 amDressed and bundled sportily (temperature: 38ºF) Blaine and I hit the road for our morning walk/run.
5:50 amArrived home, expecting all the kiddles to still be asleep like they usually are. Nope, Jackson said Macklin went down to his bed and stood there until he woke up, and they'd been looking for us ever since.
6:20 amTime for family scripture reading, but I haven't accomplished all I needed to because Mack has been fussy and whiny and just wanted to be held. I did get Blaine's breakfast and lunch prepared, but little else.
7:00 amBy the end of devotional Kyrie had joined us, too. Spent a half hour being climbed upon intently by Macklin, trying to protect my scriptures.
7:50 amIt's a miracle we were ready to sit down and eat, because mostly Macklin had just followed me around the kitchen, screaming and clinging to my legs while I made toast and unloaded the dishwasher.
8:15 amBreakfast wasn't any better than its preparation was, Mack stood in his chair dictatorially ordering me to get him almonds, milk, crackers...anything but calmly sitting and eating. I abandoned all attempts to work and sat down, ready to cuddle him and get him back to sleep.
8:20 amAfter a quick diaper change, Macklin decided he didn't want to sit an snuggle after all.
9:00 amNow, when I need to start school and empty arms and free movement would be a boon, he sits on me clingily again, whining and wailing.

Here's hoping he falls asleep for a nap soon.

1 comment:

Joe and Amy said...

Whew! At 9 a.m. I think I would have been headed for that nap. Good luck!