03 October 2008

That's what cruise control is for.

<vent>

I hate erratic drivers. The ones that blow past me in a 30MPH zone going 45 (cops where are you?!) and then, once I've gotten to the highway where the speed limit is 65MPH they're out there toodling at 50. Then I try to pass them and they speed up momentarily to 75 or something so I slide back in behind them, and they drift back down to 50.

And I honestly don't even believe they're speeding up out of spite. I think they see me preparing to pass them, they glance down at the speedometer reading 50 and with a jolt they speed up, and then they mosey back into their cigarette or coffee or distracting thoughts or the song on the radio and coast back down to 50.

I use my cruise control function extensively so that I don't have to think about my speed, I can focus on the road and the other cars and not have to worry, "Am I going too fast? Too slow? Keeping a more or less steady speed?" Seriously, I let the car do the speed part for me. I set it exactly on the speed limit (*angel*) and I don't have to worry about hidden cops with radar guns. Or annoying the other drivers around me with my constant speed fluctuations.

Grr.

(It'll take the shine off my halo a little bit when I tell you my speedometer is off by 5MPH, so when I set cruise control at 55MPH I'm actually going 60.)

</vent>

----------------
Now playing: Oasis - D'You Know What I Mean?
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Hesses Madhouse said...

I hate them too, but I also hate to admit that sometimes I'm the one that looks down and sees that I'm going too slow. Ugh! Oops.

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I completely agree! One day, everyone will understand what cruise is for!!!