February 18, 1950 – August 6, 2009
I remember, wistfully, when teen films were appropriate for teen viewing (unlike, in my opinion, American Pie and other very R-rated stuff). Some Kind of Wonderful was my favorite movie *ever* for a long, long time, and probably four out of the top five favorite movie slots were John Hughes films*. He was the voice of my generation; his films struck a chord with everyone I knew. And the soundtracks rocked—he had fantastic taste in music. Ah, John. John, John, John. I feel like an important part of my youth is gone, never to return.
Here's a lovely, lovely tribute:
http://wellknowwhenwegetthere.blogspot.com/2009/08/sincerely-john-hughes.html
* The other film, Better Off Dead, starred a John Hughes discovery, John Cusack.
----------------
Now playing: Cry Like This - Blue Room - Some Kind of Wonderful Soundtrack
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:
I don't wax overly sentimental over John Hughes per se (which is kind of telling; I wax overly about MANY), but, all hail for the discovery of Cusack, as you've astutely pointed out. That may be the greatest service provided to mankind in the last 100 years.
All hail Cusack, yes. And RIP Hughes.
Hey, I switched to private and I swear i should have you email but I'm not seeing it, so you should send it to me so I can send you an invite. My blog wouldn't be the same without your comments! My email is aliciagardner22@gmail.com
Post a Comment