29 October 2009

Ode to my muscles.

This is how awesome Christian is. For grammar two days ago, he was studying poetry. For science, he was studying muscles. He asked if he could combine the two, and I, thinking, "Doy, this is why we homeschool!" said yes. Here's the result. :)

Muscles

Muscles are the greatest thing
They let us jump and dance and swing
They let us move our many bones,
Which do not move all on their own.
Nerves connect them to the brain,
Which sends signals to move back again.
Our muscles really help us move—
No wonder it’s their help we love!


Eight short lines, and don'tcha think it just about says it all? :)

4 comments:

Linda said...

Nicely done, said the English major.

The Gardners said...

It's beautiful!

Laura said...

Just brilliant!

Bloody Paws, Inc. said...

This poem IS why you do home school. Poetry was like one second of our curriculum, and I never learned about muscles... I feel jipped (or however that is spelled, obviously hooked on phonics wasnt a very good idea either.)