We're starting with the basement bathroom, which is brand new. Never had a bathroom there before. And I'm insanely excited about it. :)
This is the before shot. It was built as a family room I think, but we need bedrooms more than we need family rooms so it is the place where the little boys dwell.
That corner with the chair and the desk is where we're going to tuck a 3/4 bath.
Here it is, as excavated by our plumber.
Our lovely sewer main. *admires*
Filled back in with dirt when the plumbing is complete.
View from across the room at what will be the bathroom.
Patching the hole with concrete.
Framed walls!
Electrical wire pulled through to the right spots
Light fixtures in place.
Light! Ta-da! Pretty big triumph for us.
Beginning sheetrock.
Triumph #2, successfully measuring and cutting holes in the ceiling sheet.
Tape and mud
Everything patched, pretty, and smooth—ready for paint.
Did the first coat of paint last night—a lovely light blue, can't wait to post that picture so you can ooh and aah with me—but I need to go back and apply a little more joint compound to a few seams to make them smoother, and then let that dry, before I can move on to the second coat. Off I go!

4 comments:
It really looks fabulous! I'm oohing and aahing already!
Oooh!!! Aaaah!!! I am doing it already. I know how much not fun home remodeling can be. And I am thinking about doing it again. What is wrong with me?!?! Keep going. Now is the fun part! Where you see finished results! PS- I am still looking for Kitchen pictures... Did I miss them?
How exciting! I can't wait to see the finished product.
very cool to see the process in action - can't wait to see the end result!
Post a Comment