09 January 2010

Always the same question, asked seven times.

So I'm in the kitchen filling a pot with water. Kyrie comes in and asks, "What are we having for dinner?"

Pasta with vegetable sauce and chik nuggets.



A few minutes later, Macklin comes in while I'm chopping vegetables. "What are we having for dinner?"

Pasta with vegetable sauce and chik nuggets.

Macklin's still in the kitchen working with me a few minutes later when Jackson comes up after taking a shower. "What are we having for dinner?"

Haven't even had a chance to answer Jackson yet when Ethan wanders in from another room. "What are we having for dinner?"

So Macklin, knowing the answer, replies while Ethan stares fixedly at me, rubbing his nose. "Pasta with vegetable sauce and chik nuggets."

Ethan continues to look at me blankly. I point at Macklin. Ethan blinks, looks at Mack, and says, "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. I was wiping my nose, and that's pretty loud. What are we having?"

Macklin repeats pasta with vegetable sauce and chik nuggets while I collapse on the floor laughing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

dontcha just love kids. We do this.

Melissa said...

I relate. Very funny!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Duh. Wiping your nose can be very loud!!! I can't wait until then :)