13 January 2012

Favorite Music Friday: White Rabbits

White Rabbits is a band that I discovered sort of accidentally when iTunes gave away their fabulous Percussion Gun video for free. It grabbed me around the throat and wouldn't let me listen to anything else. (I'm an obsessive listener like that, I can listen to the same song, no lie, 40 times in a row when I'm obsessed with it. I can listen to only one song for 3 or 4 days or longer before I move on to something else.) And once the urge eased up just a tiny wee bit, I managed to go back to the iTunes store and listen to other White Rabbits, and I loved it all and downloaded it. That, for the record, is pretty rare; lots of people put out one good song, even one amazing song. But to investigate and find I like everything? I just think they have tons and tons of talent. When they came through SLC in 2010 my sister and I went to their concert and we sat in the front row. They're coming back in March, we just heard, and we're going to be there again. I sort of imagine this band is going to be huge someday, and I'm going to be able to say, "I've been with them since the beginning, I've seen them every time they've come to town." I'll be able to say I knew them when they played at little 125 person venues for $10/ticket.

The more I listened to all their music, the more this song, They Done Wrong We Done Wrong, began to eclipse Percussion Gun (which is still so good it's in my list of all-time favorite songs). I love it. I think TDWWDW is a masterpiece of music making, and I've never gotten tired of it no matter how many times I hear it. :)

Introducing: White Rabbits! Here are three ways to listen to this song. (1) Embed:


(2) Link to youtube: http://youtu.be/Xp3MsiIZ1ww

(3) Link to my profile on blip.fm: http://blip.fm/profile/alysonell/blip/76618074/White+Rabbits%E2%80%93They+Done+Wrong+|+We+Done+Wrong

No comments: