17 March 2012

Favorite Music: DHOOM!

I am totally on a Bollywood kick right now. I am just inhaling the films as quick as I can on Netflix, I find them delightful—even the ones that make me cry/sob through the last half hour (I'm looking at you, Kites and Mujhse Dosti Karoge!) and the most embarrassing part is how many soundtracks I've purchased, because I can't get enough of the music too. Seriously, is there any greater joy than watching someone bust out into song and dance at just the wrong moment? And having everyone surrounding join in? This is how life should be.

Dhoom:2 is worth watching, people, every second of it, and if you do you'll see the following two songs in all their glory. These are the songs I'm totally obsessed with this week—in fact every Lee child with an iPod is listening to these (and the others from the Dhoom soundtrack) on repeat, we just can't get enough.

I genuinely love this song, and the choreography is more traditional. Can't get it out of my head.
Touch Me:

http://youtu.be/TWcSSDtSz0o
(And please, please note the guy in the red tank top with long hair, I can't take my eyes off him when he's on screen!)

And the title song from the movie. Starring maybe the most beautiful leading man ever? Who can really dance. But it's more hip hop than traditional.
Dhoom Again:

http://youtu.be/19yQgZXX0q8

Such delight and wonder! So cheesy, in the best way. Plot isn't very tight though, it's all about the pretty.
(Then, after Dhoom:2 if you want tight plot, beautiful songs, and a story that makes you a little teary, I 125% recommend Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, but you actually have to watch Dhoom:2 first to get some of the jokes in it!)

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Wow! It looks like I am missing out! I always wondered where that style came from when it came up on SYTYCD...