10 September 2007

*head explodes*

Homeschooling Five Students All At Once

Oh my gosh, this is rough. Not throw-in-the-towel rough, but perhaps kiss-my-life-goodbye rough anyway. Because of various impromptu activities last week, today is the first day I'm doing a full school with everyone, all the subjects at the right times. Talk about juggling! I haven't had a moment to breathe since 9:00 a.m., and usually I've had a queue of kids waiting for me behind the one I'm working with. Crazy. Once we get Libby used to her new and more difficult subjects, and once we get Jackson working just a little more independently, I'm hoping it will calm down. Kindergarten years are always the most time-consuming for me, because the kindergartner can't do anything without me. Jackson has always had someone older to work with which was helpful, but LIbby moved up a level this year and so I have intensive work with Ethan on letters and math and with Jackson on history and reading. *faints*

And it was this nutty and busy even though Kyrie and Macklin had miraculously both fallen asleep around 10:30 a.m. and remained asleep 'til lunch. So I didn't even have demanding toddlers to add in to the mix. Anyway, just thought I'd surface for a scream of terror. Ack!

----------------
Now playing: Rob Thomas - Lonely No More
via FoxyTunes

No comments: