I was getting the kids off to bed last night, hugging each one and telling them I love them. Kyrie came over for a second hug.
K: I hugged you twice!
Me: I'm happy about that, because I love you so much.
K: I love you, too! I love you most, then Dad. Then at the bottom: robber.
The cute part was the little face she made between bottom: and robber. Aw, Kyrie is full of these sorts of gems.
Macklin made some other-purpose toys into claws for his tiny hands last night. He say they were twaws so he can TILL. (Remember, the K sound is Ts with him, and the L sound is still about half the time W. So he had claws so he can KILL.)
Me: No no, we don't kill people, we save people! You can use your claws to help.
M: But I see two guys fighting, so I turn into a robot with twaws and I TILL.
Me: No you don't kill them, you save them.
M: But they are fighting because they're bad, so I have to till them.
Sigh. Boys. Despite my best effort at providing only cotton balls and baby dolls to play with, they manage to turn themselves into robots with claws and find justifications to kill.
We'd put Macklin into bed (two different beds actually, trying out different siblings as sleeping buddies) at least four times already, and he was back following me around while I finished up my day. I was turning off all the lights so I could go to bed and I knew more or less where he was in the dark, with his claws. I walked to him and we, you know, bumped just a little. I couldn't feel it through my pajama pants, but his claw probably touched me.
M (worried): Mom, I almost tilled you!
Me: No, you didn't.
M: Yes, I did.
I got into bed and snuggled in, and he climbed in beside me (no idea where he put the claws, probably under my bed) and worked his little, tiny arm under my neck so I'm sleeping with his arm around me and the last thing he said was, "Night, mom. I really, really love you so, so much."
----------------
Now playing: Cream - Sunshine of Your Love
via FoxyTunes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Awwwwwww :)
Cutest story EVAH.
I'm laughing so hard! What CUTE kids!
I don't know how many times with my last four boys I've said, "We don't hurt people. We love people." It almost became a mantra, so I was so relating to your twaw problem. And, thank you for yet another reason to look forward to having a girl.
I look forward to meeting your cute family someday!
Post a Comment