21 July 2009

And now for something completely different

I'm a music obsessor. When I find a song I like, I can listen to it (no joke) 50 times in a row, five days in a row. This is actually a familial trait. I remember when I was little and every day after my dad got home from work for seriously two months or more he'd listen to ABBA's "Take a Chance On Me" after work, just that one song, for hours. For months. Then it was "Elvira" by the Oak Ridge Boys.

But I digress. My sister Joan does it, perhaps my brother Mike, my niece Mickelle—I'm guessing we just want to immerse ourselves in songs we really like.

This song is the free video download at the iTunes store this week, and I really like it. Have listened to it 8 times in the last hour, and it would have been more if my kiddles weren't right beside me playing computer games that clash with my musics. "Percussion Gun" by White Rabbits, give it a listen if you want to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IClBpch9vmM



Of note is the fact that Muse also gave away a brand new song on their website today from their forthcoming album, and I've only listened to it once. And this...*checks iTunes*...ten times.

----------------
Now playing: White Rabbits - Percussion Gun
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Connie said...

Dude, they ripped their percussion off the Hawaiian War Chant.