25 July 2009

Pioneer Day

The 24th of July is Fairview's big event of the year. There's a parade, which Blaine and I help co-organize and execute with another couple here who are our very good friends (holla, Shauna!). There's a demolition derby at night. And about an hour after the parade, there's the Fairview Idol competition.

Emma has entered every year since it began, prepared, hoped, had fun, but never won. Libby entered last year as well, and had fun giving it her best shot.

This year, Libby won first place in her age division, 0-12 year olds. :) Prize: $100!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRW2WJRSQk0


And we all joined in with Emma and did a group piece for the Ensemble category, which we also won. ($300, woot!) Christian said that winning felt like he'd taken the Felix Felicis potion—like he would succeed at everything he did yesterday. Aw! And Emma was so excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVocGnWqq2o


My sister Joan and her family came down here and made the whole day possible by saving chairs in the pavilion, standing on the parade sidelines with the kids while Blaine and I were off being official, and many other tasks. One of the best Pioneer Days ever. :)

5 comments:

The Gardners said...

What a cute Fam... I love that you all sing together, I didn't know that any of you sing, let alone all of you. I'm impressed!! Glad you had a fun day.

Laura said...

AWESOME! Congrats on your winnings! What are the plans for that extra $$??

Linda said...

Awesome! And if you hadn't clarified with pix and/or video, I'd of thought Emma always wanted to enter the demolition derby...

Unknown said...

yEA. I heard you all had won and we were really excited for you. Yall deserve it...

The parade was fun huh!

Kara T said...

Awesome! Congrats and how brave of you.