Background: let me tell you what a fantastic week we had last week. It was our second week of spring break. Wednesday the lovely Angelovics came and visited and stayed with us overnight. Lillian Angelovic was my MTC companion and we went to the same mission. Love her. And now my kids love her kids! Yay. Then we went straight to Joan's on Thursday and were there until Sunday. We visited the X96 studios (more to come on that, hopefully, but I don't want to tip my hand), ate many yummy foods, played wii, and the highlight was the family book club gathering of sisters and nieces. We discussed Jane Eyre amongst myriad other things, and then afterward went out to dinner @ Chipotle (holla, Mitt Romney at the next table!), walked over to a bakery to buy yummy cookies, and then to Nordstrom Rack for some girly shop time.
Here's where the angst came in. That shopping was three days too early to do me any good at all. Rewind! Give me shopping night again!
Why?
(1) Have I mentioned that? Yes, ladies and gents, we're only FIVE DAYS AWAY. I am seriously so excited I keep getting butterflies, and maybe faintly nauseated. I can seriously not wait.
(2) Yesterday I had a "What Not To Wear" fest, watching every clip of Clinton and Stacy online.
1 + 2 inevitably equals
(3) I must have new clothes for the concert. Stacy and Clinton have convinced me I'm a mess, and nothing I currently own will do.
Oh my sisters, oh my nieces, I call do-overs. Won't you please help me find something for the concert? I have five days. SIGH.
Also, a postscript: I have decided (in vain!) that the LDS church simply must start making temple garments that are body shapers. I've thought about this for years. It has to happen. Must. Because in a normal world, I don't think garments and body shapers are symbiotic. Wearing one excludes wearing the other. DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
My problem is I have expensive taste in clothes and fashion but I'm so incredibly cheap. I really dislike spending money on myself. So I won't be much help... But fyi- I think you always have cute clothes on! :) Good luck! Also- I agree about the body shaper thing! Why not?
I have always loved What Not to Wear, but have had to banish it from my house, due to the clothing it makes me want to buy. :/ However, I am here to attest to the fact that the G's and body shapers are not mutually exclusive. In fact, I have one (goes from panty/below waist line to under bra line) and I love it... Too bad I can't look like that all the time. Also, if we all start faking each other out with body shapers, how will we truly know what a "normal" person is supposed to look like? I'm just sayin'.
When I was working in Sandy, that shopping plaza was a derelict Wal-mart and, of course, it's only after I quit that it became a Nordstrom Rack. I used to take looooong lunch breaks to go to the one in Sugarhouse! I've visited the Sandy store a few times in the last two weeks with birthday money and to stock up on shoes for the kids. Yeah ... for the kids ...
But concert attire? Hmmmm. Black shirt. Dark jeans. Black heeled boots. Possibly a belt to cinch it all together. Mismatched jewelry. Crazy hair. Smoky eye. Voila!
Post a Comment