17 March 2010

Because whining about it will fix it.

So the young men and young women at church are doing an international dinner tonight. Christian was in charge of calling all the people at church who have lived (or served missions) abroad and asking them to contribute some food or other.

When he asked me, I turned him down. Playfully.

He reminded me this morning. Argh, it wasn't even on my radar; when I jokingly said no, I guess I mentally erased it. So last night I made for dinner the thing I need to make for this international dinner. Tonight I get to re-make it, and make our family dinner which is something completely different. If only I'd remembered, and switched the two nights, I could have made a double batch of tonight's dinner and sent half to the church. I wouldn't have to spend the next three hours cooking two dinners.

I'm so totally frustrated. I hate cooking dinner as it is. I'm not in the mood to do it twice, and to re-cook what we had last night. I want to scream.

So of course, I'm sitting in here typing away instead of chopping onions. Makes perfect sense, right?

EDIT: Darned if, despite my whining, the spanish rice didn't turn out perfectly! Yum.

----------------
Now playing: Oasis - Don't Look Back in Anger

4 comments:

Connie said...

I just fed my kids Costco frozen yogurt for dinner tonight. And if it hadn't been that, they'd have probably had cold cereal. I say send a loaf of stale bread and they can pretend they're having dinner in Dickensian England.

Melissa said...

I had a crazy dinner experience myself. I planned on Josh grilling tonight and I had everything ready when he walked in the door (it was well after our dinner time, but I was willing to wait for the help). As it turned out the grill was out of juice (ours and Shawny's), so I ended up baking the chicken anyway. We ate dinner at 7:30 p.m. (planned on eating at 6:30 p.m.), cleaned up, and put the kids to bed! I hope you had a chance to put your feet up after your hours of cooking!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Yes, whining ALWAYS helps! Dinner is the worst part of the day... Oh well. I suppose children have to eat. :)

Laura said...

You're a GREAT MOM!! Nice work!