11 March 2009

My charmed electronic life

Valentine's roses

In addition to two dozen very lovely roses for Valentine's Day, Blaine, that wonderful man, gave me a new iPod. I was the first person in this family to get an iPod or MP3 player of any description. It was a little 4 GB iPod Mini. This is before the days of the Nano, believe it or not.

Now everyone down to Jackson has an iPod or MP3 player; Blaine has three! I've been fond of saying, if anyone complained, "Mine is the oldest iPod in the family." Now I can't say it anymore. Blaine gave me an 8GB fourth generation iPod Nano. Pink, of course. So much sleeker and thinner than my first iPod. Plays videos and everything!
mah iPod nano

My computer—an iBook G4—is way older than Blaine's MacBook Pro or Emma's newly purchased MacBook. But we needed a new computer for the homeschool kids and were going to have to buy something; Blaine said he'd rather upgrade me and pass mine along than upgrade them and have me continue to make do. (Funny, in human years my iBook should be a toddler but in computer years it's more or less a dinosaur.) It took a lot of investigation, but finally he talked me into it. I am now the proud owner of a 15" MacBook Pro. It is pre-owned, but still has about a year of the original Apple Care on it in which hopefully anything that can go wrong will.

So excited about iLife 2008 and all the other goodies that I didn't have on my iBook. And it looks so sleek and aluminum! Woot. Upgraded to the hilt, and ready to take on the world.

----------------
Now playing: Elefant - Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

Melissa Kaas said...

Holler!! Who doesn't love new things, and you got two nice things close together. Makes one a little giddy, no?

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Flowers and an Ipod?!?! Who could ask for more than that!!! Super glad you get some super cool stuff! Leave it to Blaine to take care of you! {hugs to him for me ;}

Lillian said...

*whistles*