15 April 2009

Adam Idol

I've never watched American Idol, not even one episode—everything I know about it I know by absorption, from blog posts and friends' talk. But I know the Tears For Fears original was my favorite song for years of my adolescence, and that this version by Adam Lambert is totally worth listening to. Purchasing from iTunes. Putting on repeat.


(link in case the vid doesn't embed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyyESHqT9a4)

And in fact the way he sings "hide my head I wanna drown my sorrows" does funny things to my insides.

This is a re-do of the Gary Jules version, in fact, which version I hated. Adam converted me. In a big way.

----------------
Now playing: Adam Lambert - Mad World
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

Melissa Kaas said...

I had goose bumps from begining to end. I guess for that reason I'm glad that my mom watches American Idol AND glad she let's me "borrow" her music and put it on my ipod. =)

Kris and Teresa said...

We actually pick up American Idol with our antenna so that is one of the few things that we do watch. Anyway, haven't been a 100% fan of Adam Lambert but I did really like this song.

Mickellerox said...

It blows my mind that you didn't like the Gary Jules version! I like it better than Tears for Fears, even though theirs is the original. I <3 Adam Lambert though. It bums me out he's gay, cause he is HAWT. ROCK AND ROLL!