Ethan's been trying to figure out for nearly a half hour, half of WHAT equals nine. I've explained it three different ways, and he just has to come up with it on his own in some way that makes sense to his little brain. It's a waiting game.
Finally he thought he'd get out teddy bear counters and get a pile and make half of it nine. That's very valid, so I waited. Finally triumphant, he came and scrawled 17 in the little square. "It's 17! Half of 17 is nine!"
"Nope," I said, "I'm afraid not."
His response? "Well as far as I'm concerned, it is." And he closed his math book and tried to put it away.
I was laughing so hard I almost couldn't stop him.
----------------
Now playing: U2 - Cedars of Lebanon
via FoxyTunes
02 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hahaha! As far as I'm concerned that's a great story! So close Ethan!
Well, as long as it is right to him that is all that matters, right ;)
Yah at leest he fils gud about him self, rite? Thats wut rilly maters in edyukayshun thees days. Their r no rite ansers.
He and Duncan think alike.
Some days I wish I could do that with laundry. Hey, as far as I'm concerned, those clothes are clean, dry, and have already been hung in your closet!
Post a Comment