09 January 2009

Party ANIMALS

I really want to make the long breaks we take from school fun, instead of just lounging about doing nothing day after day (which is, alas, our usual M.O.). I think we've done pretty well this break. :) Of course we had the great trip to the cabin for Christmas, and last weekend we went ice skating at a rink in Provo (a 2002 Olympic hockey venue! *fanfare*). Last night we had Emma's local school friends—not the boarding students, who are still at home for the holiday—here for a night of games. It was nonstop laughter and soda and pizza and they had a great time. And today we're going to SLC to my sister's house to play with her kids, their Christmas presents, and their Wii. Tomorrow we'll go with sister's family to an indoor swim park, the kind that has a current pool and indoor water slides and all those things kids turn on and off and spray each other.

Next Tuesday it's back to the regularly scheduled program, but for now we're still living it up. And I think we've had a great vacation. :)

Emma's birthday was Monday. She had probably the best birthday a 15YO can possibly have. Her main (only?) gift was a new cell phone. It's way nicer than mine! And she loved it. Then later in the day her cute little used laptop that we bought used to try to get her through the school year finally, after several pricey repairs, had something go wrong we weren't willing to pay to fix, so we ordered her a brand spankin' new MacBook for school. It arrived yesterday. Can you imagine a 15YO girl more electronically blessed? Neither can I.

I'm off now to pack my little bag and drag my swimsuit out of the cobwebby corners of the bottom drawer, so I can have another adventure this weekend. *waves*

----------------
Now playing: Sia - Breathe Me
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

Melissa Kaas said...

Um...hello..there are some of us in SLC that would love to see you when you are here too! Especially those of us that live DOWN THE STREET from your sister!!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Totally sounds like a fun break! I would love to get a new cell phone and computer for Christmas! What a blessed child. Alas, if only I were out in Utah to do fun stuff with the fam too... Oh well, have fun for me :)

Linda said...

Nothin' better than Christmas break, I'm thinking, unless it's Spring, Summer, or Fall break. And, holy gadgetry!Happy Birthday to Emma...