I've already started dinner. *smug* This is a coup, since I usually start it at, oh, 5:00.
Actually, I meant to make it in the crock pot, which is why I started so early; turns out our crock pot, though I thought it quite large, is not big enough for the batch of soup I need to make to feed so many Ls. So it's now in my biggest pot, six hours early, bubbling away.
Bean with [baconless] soup, a knock-off of Campbell's <-(my favorite!!1!) that I've adjusted to be vegan. Smells pretty good. I merely hope for it to be edible; if it tastes like the canned soup I'd nearly be in heaven. Ten years without my favorite soup, people.
----------------
Now playing: Harry Belafonte - Day-O (Banana Boat Song)
courtesy of Jackson's MP3 player
4:00 p.m. edit:
It's still at least two hours from dinnertime, but the soup's finished and in the fridge. It actually turned out reasonably like the canned version—not a dead ringer, but I might be able to remedy that over time.
Bean/Bacon Soup Recipe
But I'm probably the only person alive who loves Campell's Bean with Bacon so madly that I'd want to try it at home. The recipe has bacon, though my version doesn't.
----------------
Now playing: Simple Minds - Let There Be Love
via FoxyTunes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Are you trying the fake bacon? And, totally jealous that A) your dinner is cooking already and B) you normally start at 5! Good for you!
We tried the fake bacon once, had to fight not to throw up, and gave up ever after. Today the "bacon" flavor is a gift of the spice called Liquid Smoke, and no actual bacons will be harmed in the making of this soup.
I love bean with bacon! I thought I was alone too. I'm gonna have to try this, but I'm sure the hubby will veto it. He's not such a fan, to put it mildly. I think he said it tastes like vomit...to put it not mildly. =)
Post a Comment