Blaine's dad passed away Thursday 22 January. He had type II diabetes and his health had been steadily declining, and we thought he would soon be forced to retire from his job.
Blaine is the eldest son and has many responsibilities, which he's handling with great care. His earnest desire is to take care of all his siblings and to foster peace between them. Though many emotions have been and will continue to surface over the next few days, we are at peace. Blaine's dad pulled away from the family years ago, and we mourned him then; this is sort of the last page in a book we've mostly read.
The funeral will be on Friday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I adore you and your family and we are thinking of you guys. It's never fun to have someone die, even if you did the mourning way back when. Love you!
So sorry to hear it...he was a stranger to me, but seemed so together and smart and a fabulous father. My prayers are with all of you. From experience: I've mourned my dad for most of my 38 years, and I only lost him 20 years ago...I can appreciate.
You have my deepest sympathies. Even close families unravel a little at the passing of parents. It definitely takes time to heal, and each sibling takes a different amount of time. Blaine is so lucky to have your support. It is hard when there are rumblings among the siblings.
On the upside, I'm so glad I found your blog. I just love it. So fun to read about your amazing family.
Love, Lynette
Post a Comment