Side note: thank you, everyone past and present serving in the armed forces who have fought for my beloved nation, and preserved my liberty!We've begun a kitchen facelift. So far we've
- taken all the cupboard doors off, B's used his router to give them a new face, and I've cleaned them w/ trisodium phosphate.
- installed additional shelves in my pantry cupboard, doubling my capacity there.
- taken the laminate backsplash off the wall, which also pulled off lots of the wallboard paper.
- put the first layer of "mud" on top of the nude wallboard to make it look like a wall again, coat 2 coming tonight.
- purchased tile so we can make a new backsplash of cuteness and toast counter of cuteness.
- patched all the nail holes and dings in the walls.
- purchased the primer and paint and rollers/brushes to paint—yes, paint—the cupboards.
- torn out the coved carpet so I can paint walls.
- figured out what we'll be doing for baseboard, door trim.
- purchased beadboard to install as an accent around the kitchen.
We're doing all the painting first, and then when our home refi goes through the first project we'll do is de-carpet the floor. And the kitchen will look gloriously like new! For about $600, instead of $20,000. At least, that's the plan.
Pics to follow. I'm taking plenty of them, but I'll do befores and afters all in one post. Off to keep prepping and start painting! Oh, and make meals for my kiddles.
----------------
Now playing: Muse - Hyper Chondriac Music
via FoxyTunes

4 comments:
I can't wait to see the finished kitchen with all of its cuteness :).
Wow! Way to go! Can't wait to see the photos.
We're going to have to come visit to see this awesomeness! Way to be thrifty too!
I think an overnight trip is in order soon. :) Does this mean you didn't find anyone to do the remod for you so you are all DIYing?
Post a Comment