04 May 2009

The Ls go to Town

We had a fabulous day yesterday. This is my first week without a calling or a Sunday responsibility in 9+ years because I've always been plucked from one calling directly into another. So since we were open, we took a day off church o_O and drove our crew of nine to Salt Lake City to visit Temple Square. I had no idea where to park—the city is all torn up and being rebuilt around Temple Square, and I thought the only available nearby parking was outrageously expensive—so we parked about ten blocks away in a random free parking lot and caught Trax (the in-city train system) to Temple Square. Trax, as you can imagine, was just as much an attraction to the kiddles as everything else was.

Our family of nine (paired off, bigger ones holding the hands of little ones) marching through the city to catch the train was just as much a spectacle for all the city dwellers and they were for us. Ahaha country folk are so easily amused!

The flowers were gorgeous and the ornamental cherries were just beginning to blossom. It was almost like ohanami.

Cherry blossoms
Flowers
flower bed
Seven cute kiddles


We went to the Visitors Center and saw films and displays and it was pretty darn churchy. I think we all had a wonderful day. We had dinner with my sister Joan's family and my parents, a lovely sit-around-the-table for the grownups while the children frolicked and romped. It almost made me wish we could skip church every week.

----------------
Now playing: Finger Eleven - Paralyzer
via FoxyTunes

4 comments:

Hesses Madhouse said...

You have such a beautiful (and handsome) group of kids! Your flower photos are breath-taking. Looks like it was one of those great memory-making days.

Laura said...

How Fun!! You're kids are beutiful!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I think that Macklin looks just like I remember Christian looking like at that age. And, is that Jackson that is super tan and super blonde? And look at Kyrie. I think she has a different facial structure than any of the rest of your kids. Super cute family!!!

Connie said...

Very cool staycation.