(2) And then we start summer school. (Still a little curriculum to wrap up.) But Emma will be home, our schedule will change, and somehow it's all different with that word summer on the front there.
(3) Am refinancing the house. Again. (Third time's a charm?) Just refinanced in February and got 5.25%, which rate I also locked in today. But I'm getting cash out. Renovations here we come!
(4) We're going to have plenty of projects to do this summer.
- "Master" bathroom redone from subfloor up.
- Kid bathroom completely rearranged and redone, so what is now a tub-only will be a tub/shower. There's not a good way to make that bathroom really functional due to awkward construction, but at least we can make it a place for showers.
- Addition of new bathroom in downstairs. Nine people, three bathrooms, that's a pretty good ratio.
- New, non-carpet kitchen floor.
- Window in Emma's room, to make it a legal bedroom and, hey, let in light and air.
- Can't afford a new kitchen, but I'm going to paint all the dark cabinetry and walls and make it look bright.
(5) But none of my contractors have given me a bid yet. SIX WEEKS. Outrageous. I don't care. I'll do it myself! To heck with 'em.
----------------
Now playing: Missy Higgins - Peachy
via FoxyTunes

4 comments:
Alyson I will be over with paintbrush in hand and we can do it ourselves! Go look at Christiansens at the flooring-or/and you have plenty of men in the ward that have laid flooring in the last while. We can all help and it would save you lots of money. I am sure we could have a great game night and get it all done. Just sayin!
Yay for you!!! When I started reading, I was hoping for something other than carpet in your kitchen. What a pain that must be. I know we used to have carpet in our dining area years ago in an apartment we lived in when we had two little kids. I can't imagine how that must be in a kitchen and with seven. You are AMAZING! To keep your sanity with that is a feat in and of itself. Way to go! I hope it's all lovely and makes everything feel new and fresh.
I love it when you and I have phases in our lives that are in sync. Like when we had babies together and bought our homes at around the same time. Now we are doing major renovatin' together. Alas, that we can't all just camp somewhere together and have that be an easy way to survive while kitchens are unusable. That's that part that kind of freaks me out - the logistics of having really essential parts of my house that I have to move out and can't use. Oh, well, totally worth it. And I can't wait to see what we all come up with.
How fun! I love home improvement before the project starts and when it is finished. It is the middle part that isn't my favorite. I can't wait to see it when it is finished.
Post a Comment