30 May 2009

Waste of time and money

Rented a paint sprayer this morning: $45

Time spent spraying cupboard doors: 20 minutes

Time spent cleaning off the paint sprayer afterward: 2+ hours
(and it still probably isn't clean enough, they'll charge me additional when I turn it it as a cleaning fee)

One gallon of paint used: $36

Number of cupboard doors sprayed: 39

Number that worked: 9

Number that I had to scrape off and will have to paint again, this time with roller or brush: 30

Sigh.

I so could have used that time/money for other things today.

----------------
Now playing: The Who - Behind Blue Eyes
via FoxyTunes

4 comments:

Hesses Madhouse said...

Oh, I'm so sad to read this. Here's hoping the rest goes better for you.

Melissa said...

Sigh... I am so sorry. I missed visiting with you at the Spring Party. Hope all other projects go well :).

Connie said...

I ... have no words for how sorry I feel for you (especially since I suggested the sprayer). Um, this too shall pass?

Laura said...

Total Bummer! Live and learn, trial and error... Both "inhale deeply" sometimes huh?