21 May 2010

Adventures in camping...

...preparation! Have a big extended family camp planned for this weekend, have been looking forward to it since last September or so. We haven't even gone camping yet, and we've had a day.
  1. Emma's ankle (lightly sprained yesterday) is quite swollen today and she can't walk well. Hard, because this is a *hiking* camping trip. So one of us will need to stay back at camp with her during all activities, she obviously can't hike.
  2. Washing machine was making a bad noise this morning. Called repairman. He fit us in today.
  3. Went grocery shopping.
  4. Took Suburban in for oil change. Cars were parked trickily in driveway. Though I was backing out carefully and slowly, I nudged B's little Mazda w/ Suburban. Suburban is strong. B's Mazda rear passenger door is dented all to hell.
  5. Steady streams of water down into our basement, and we knew not why. Repairman warned us we'd leak a little when he took apart the washer. Cleaning up basement with every towel we have.
  6. Leaks didn't stop though washer was put back together. Blaine (thankfully working at home today!) sees that as quick as we're wiping the floor, something is puddling up.
  7. Repairman returns. Diagnoses a broken drain hose. (No prior leak or evidence of leak, the very act of fixing the washer broke the washer.) Repairman doesn't have a hose. He orders one.
  8. Every towel in my house is soaking/dirty, and I cannot wash them or even spin them out.
  9. One of B's two jobs wants to talk today about how things are going, and whether he'd consider dumping the other job and working full time there. Good day for "quick" negotiations before we leave. The other job has just these "few quick things" that must be done before we can go.
T minus two hours to departure, and I've gotten no camping prep done today because I've had a few other things going on. Neither Blaine nor I have even showered yet.

3 comments:

Kris and Teresa said...

wow, that is a crazy day. I wish we could come see everyone. I'm just too chicken to try sleeping in a tent with a baby who's not sleeping through the night yet, I just don't think that everyone else wants to be waking up three times a night

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness, what a day! I hope you have a fun and relaxing trip. After the day you had, you need it!

Laura said...

I'm sorry to hear that camping wasn't much better... You guys are a strong family though! Working together to fix things! Oh, and make sure Ethan doesn't fall out of trees anymore... :)