Or at least, the house.
We bought for the kids a Playmobil Nativity this year, a nativity that isn't ceramic or breakable or precious so they could play with it. Macklin took it over and occasionally divvies out the characters so others can have a turn, but he's very possessive. We want them all to share it, so even though I find his enthusiasm endearing, I took away the set late in the afternoon yesterday and gave it a time out to quell the arguing.
Mack stumbled out of bed this morning, his eyes still bleary, and padded into where I was. "Mom, where you put the Jesus born box?" First thing he wanted to play with this morning. Of course I gave it back. *softy*
He loves the movie Kung Fu Panda. My sister took all my kids and hers to see the movie (7 + 3 = 10!) when B and I left them with her for an overnighter at the end of August, and Mack has been asking for it ever since. We borrowed the DVD from a neighbor and the kids watched it twice in three days. Just now Macklin was jumping off the step down between the kitchen and the schoolroom, doing a little spin and lifting one leg. "Mom, watch me do Tung Fu!" he yelled, jumping and spinning over and over. "My doing Tung Fu!"
He says his Rs perfectly (unlike Jackson, Ethan, and Kyrie who were all 4YO or so before they mastered that sound), but his K sound he says like a T and his G sound he says like a D. So he's doing Tung Fu with Tyrie. ;) My sister said that when we were all camping and hiking in September, they came to a little riverbed (river dry, as so many are by September here, but about a three-foot drop from where they were to the riverbed) and Mack said, "Mine dosh duys, we die down dere!"* Her family says it all the time. Tee hee.
*Translation if needed: "My gosh guys, we'll die down there!" Not sure why he thought a three foot drop from soft sand to soft sand was so perilous, though. :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Allyson, I was excited to hear from you, and to read all these cute stories about your kids. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
How cute! We always use the cute things our kids say as part of our regular vocabulary. Pretty crazy, but I guess that's part of the whole madhouse thing in us.
Post a Comment