Dragged B to see the Twilight movie again Saturday night. We saw it opening night together, and then I took Emma and Christian the next day to see it. So it was his second time, my third.
I really like it. The screenplay has made the plot cohesive, plus the plot doesn't just appear suddenly 2/3 of the way into the movie. Bella isn't nearly so whiny. Most of the changes were for the better, IMO. Favorite change: the Bella-meets-the-Cullens scene. Oh my gosh it's charming and I wish it had been that way in the book! *hearts Esme* The soundtrack rocks. And Charlie is pitch-perfect throughout. My only complaint is there aren't enough Cullens in the movie. Emmett! Emmett! Emmett!
I think I like the movie better than the book.
And that's really saying something.
I think I've never seen a full-price, first-run movie three times before. The only other possibility, if I have, was Rattle and Hum.
----------------
Now playing: Paramore - Decode from the Twilight soundtrack
via FoxyTunes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You're dang skippy: the only film worth seeing full-price, first-run, three times IS Rattle and Hum. Can it really have been 20 years since the last perfect film was made?
I keep dragging people to see it too! I think I liked it best the first and second time. Three and four may have been a little much. I actually love Jessica in the movie. She's so funny! I'm glad you liked it, but better than the books?? That's going a little too far. :)
I haven't seen it yet which is crazy because I totally loved the books. But I am glad to hear you liked it. Everyone I have talked to says it's "Ok" Worth seeing but not great. Anyway I just read your comment about not being able to follow my blog and I am pretty retarded on the computer so Maybe you can tell me how to fix that.
Thanks!!
Hey tell me too-
anyway I would of loved to be dragged (and dragging Sean) along with you two. call next time.....I will go!!!
So what was the hubby's response to it? I caught my husband reading the book the other night. He finished it. So, now I HAVE to take him, but he's so anti-chick flick that I'm afraid he'll ruin it for me with sarcastic comments. He seemed to like th book; of course, not as much as I did, but surprisingly, he liked it. So, just thought, before exposing him to this, I'd see what your husband's feelings were.
Alyson, to say that you love the movie more than the books t is ALMOST blasphemous. ;) I am going to see it my third time this weekend too! I love it! the soundtrack DOES rock, although I wish "Decode" had a stronger presence than the end credits. Same with Linkin Park. I LOVED that they used Muse for the baseball scene! I still hope they change who they cast for Jacob. And I am kinda glad that they are changing directors for new moon. I think I'd prefer a better screen writer though. They could've portrayed the love story's depth better I think. if you haven't read the books, I'm not sure you'd get all of it. The only other movie I have paid full price to see more than once in theaters is "The Prestige"". We are awesomely dorkish!
Post a Comment