Today is the last day of her freshman year. I can't believe how time has flown! The decision turned out to be the best thing, the absolute best thing, we could have done for Emma. Times one thousand. She has thrived. She has blossomed! I can't wait to see what the next three years hold for her.
Here's just a little bit of what she did this year, in addition to maintaining a perfect 4.33 GPA for the first three quarters:

October Freshman Student of the Month

Magna Cum Laude on the National Latin Examination
The last two weeks there have been awards dinners. Usually parents don't attend these (parents being, for the most part, far away in another state or country) but when Emma texted me to say they were giving out academic awards and she'd be late that evening, I hustled my butt over to the school. I'm glad I did. She received these, and proudly wears the accompanying pins on her locker key lanyard. :)




This week on Monday there was a formal dinner (where the students actually have to dress up) and more awards. She told me it was only sports so I didn't go to this one. Therefore I missed watching her receive

the High Effort scholarship ($1000 toward next year's tuition) and

the Headmasters Scholarship ($2000 toward next year's tuition).
So proud of her. She has worked so hard.

----------------
Now playing: David Cook - Little Sparrow
via FoxyTunes

4 comments:
WOW! Way to go Emma! That is totally awesome!
I'm struggling with the decision to even "do school" online this next year. Hunter is excited. I feel like running away. I hope he manages to do even the teensiest bit as well as Emma has done.
AWESOME! Such a proud mama! Congrats Emma! What's SHE going to do this summer to keep herself busy?
Yay for Emma!!! Congrats to you for giving her a good foundation to get her there! And yay for scholarships! Gotta love those!
very nice. You know you feel good and I know she walks a little taller!
congratulations
Post a Comment