27 January 2009

The daily grind in pictures

I've been inspired by one friend's Project 365 pictures. I may not be snapping photos every day (and then again, I might!) but I'm taking them a lot more often thanks to a camera that's always handy and some inspiration. So here are some random photos from my life this week.

Pictures I snapped of the sunrise one recent morning after I'd dropped Emma off at school. Looking south:
Sunrise: south
West:
Sunrise: west
North:
Sunrise: north
East:
Sunrise: east

Ethan (who was supposed to get dressed, make his bed, and clean his room) playing far away from his room in pajamas.
Ethan's pet Robosapien

Kids playing Slap Jack, even Macklin:
slapjack
even Mack plays

Pillow fight in living room, broken picture, stern lecture from mom. "Who needs to get their butt kicked?"
Who needs to get their butt kicked?

Parents out with friends for the evening, Christian the babysitter asked Macklin where he wanted to sleep. Macklin just pulled up a piece of floor, lay down, and said, "Night, Tristian!"
Mack's chosen bed

This morning's bread. I bake 3-6 loaves of wheat bread every day.
yummy fresh bread

----------------
Now playing: Sia - Breathe Me
via FoxyTunes

6 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

3-6 loaves a day? And do you guys go through that much? Wow!!!

The Gardners said...

Wow...Homeschooling mother of 7 bakes bread every day...I'm intimidated!!

Linda said...

Al, I appreciate that beautiful sunrise and all, but, sincerely, you're scaring me: high school starts before sunrise? I guess I had forgotten, for a reason.

lynbar said...

What is your favorite recipe for your wheat bread? We bought a grinder from a Provo company, and are grinding our really old food storage wheat to use a lot more often. What brand of yeast do you use? Send me any and all info, I am a novice. :-)

Shauna said...

3-6 Loaves. They are lucky to get 4 loaves of bread a week. I am on my way over in the morning. i will bring the jam.

Abe and Amberly said...

The bread looks fantastic! I would love your recipe and any tips you feel like sharing. I am not a bread expert, but would like to be...someday.